6 October 2015

October 6: Top Ten Bookish Things I Want to Quit Or Have Quit


Hello, all! I sincerely apologize for the lack of Top Ten Tuesday post last week, but I was bombarded with school work and readings that I kind of lost track of the days of the week. This week, however, I am on the ball. The metaphorical ball of success.
I give myself one day until I fall off again...
Anyways, the list for the Top Ten Tuesday topic can be found at BrokeAndBookish, and this week's topic is Top Ten Bookish Things I want to Quit or Have Quit. Now for some reason my brain juices were not flowing, so Kelsey, Kristen and I have compiled a list together, so these are not just all of MY ten things, but all of ours together. Wow teamwork. (aka these are things we want to quit because we are all to weak to actually quit them)

  1. Starting and failing to finish book series/trilogies
  2. Stopping half way in the middle of the book, thus leaving that book unread for longer than anticipated
  3. Asking Kristen for spoilers (ahem Kelsey ahem)
  4. Read the acknowledgements first which is dumb because spoilers (ahem keLSEY)
  5. Googling things I’m stressed about
  6. Judging/buying books by cover (!!!!!)
  7. Enjoying book and wanting all the merch for it (not really a problem but I have no money to buy the things)
  8. Assuming that if I like one book from an author, I’m going to like all their books and sometimes this is wrong
  9. Buying the whole series before reading the first book assuming I will like it but then I don’t (again, a money issue and Book Outlet issue)
  10. Wanting to name all my kids book character names (... future Kayla, Kristen, Kelsey problem)
Well there you have it. Clearly, most of these problems stem from the fact that I am broke af, but I mean that's the reality of a University reader. YOU CAN'T HAVE ALL THE BOOKS EVEN THOUGH I WANT ALL THE BOOKS? 

((lol same Robin, same))

And with that, I bid you adieu
Kayla @ one-chapter-ahead

4 comments:

  1. I definitely suffer from many of these! Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Yeah, I suffer from these as well. Totally blanked on these kinds of things when writing post, so I stuck with the "series". But I am SO guilty of buying all the books without having read book 1. But like you said, Bookoutlet...and all the other places when they put things on sale. It's silly to NOT buy it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. #5 - I'm so glad I'm not the only one lol My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to not want all the books, so I am with you on that one! I have quite a few series I've started and yet to finish. Why are we so bad?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...