15 September 2015

September 15: FREEBIE -- your choice!



YOOO A FREEBIE! hm, so much free will i don’t know what to do with it… okay, how’s this. Top Ten Characters You Want To Be Best Friends With. Long enough name? hahaha..
ANYWAYS, yes, let’s go.
As per usual, Top Ten Tuesday is created by those at TheBrokeAndTheBookish, so go check em out cause they're pretty rad.


1. Celaena Sardothien from Throne of Glass Series
Celaena is my favourite female character ever. She is pure badass and has that soft side for those she cares about. And she deserves the world. She needs more female companionship and I will be that for her. **I'm trying so hard not to spoil QOS rn so I'm just going to leave it here** Plus I'd have an in with Dorian and we would fall in love. That's all I want in life. Mrs. Kayla Havilliard. I like it.


2. Gwyneth from The Remnant Chronicles
Okay, don't spoil me, because I am currently reading The Kiss Deception, but I love Gwyneth's character. She's spontaneous and though I know something else is up with her that I have yet to find out, I think it would be really cool to just sit and talk with her. She also seems like an awesome and genuine friend to Lia and Pauline, and her antics with the male gender are also pretty awesome. She's just awesome.




3. Cress from The Lunar Chronicles
Cress is such an innocent, inexperienced, adorable girl, and I want to take her under my wing and show her the ropes. For example, show her how to get Captain Thorne to fall in love with her because honestly I am waiting for them to get together they are adorable. While that innocent side of her is what stands out the most, she also has a strong side of her, and her knowledge of technology is something to be admired.

4. Sam from Perks from Being A Walflower
Sam is just awesome. She is so out there and not afraid to be herself, and I highly admire that quality in people. I feel like she would be the one to help me get over my fear of being on stage and the centre of attention, cause she would prob make me join Rocky Horror and though I would downright refuse, I have no doubt she'd find a way to get me on stage, much to my dismay. Plus, if we're speaking of movie Sam, she's beautiful and should share her secrets and stop being so selfish.

5. Lucien from A Court of Thorns And Roses
Much like a lot of these people on this list, Lucien is awesome. He was probably my favourite character in this book, and when we found out about his past, I felt an overwhelming need to protect him. I loved him so much holy crap. His friendship for Feyre is one of mutual respect and protection, and he has a sarcastic side to him that I absolutely love. Honestly, with this best friendship, I would try and form it into a romantic one because I feel like Lucien and I would have a blast and a half with random adventures and general chaos. It would be great fun. Plus we would piss Tamlin off to no end. What an adventure.


6. Cath from Fangirl
Cath and I are pretty similar, though I am a tad more outgoing than she. We would totally write fan fiction together and edit each other's writing, and then take writing classes together and write together and then sometimes go out but like not often because public places are :/ ... But me and Cath would honestly probably be best friends and while she fangirls over Simon Snow, I would just be fingerling over Throne of Glass and One Direction and she couldn't judge me too hard it would be so fun.

7. America Singer from The Selection series
Honestly, the only reason I would want to be best friends with her is so I can slap some sense into that stubborn head of hers and tell her to make a damn decision because it is quite obvious that she needed someone to do this for her throughout the trilogy.

8. Khalid from The Wrath and the Dawn
My poor, misunderstood Khalid. I can't say much about him and my love for him without spoiling the book, but MY POOR KHALID. I would help him in any way I could and hold him in my arms and pet his head.... This got insanely creepy I'm stopping here.

9. Roger Sullivan from Amy and Roger's Epic Detour
Oh Roger, what a little cutie pie. Honestly, while him and Amy clearly belong together, I would settle for Roger's bff. Me and him would legit just have such a blast wreaking controlled havoc and going on road trips all summer long it would be hella cool

10. Finnick Odair from The Hunger Games
I feel that if Finnick and I were best friends, we'd literally make Katniss' life a living hell, and it would be so much fun. Assuming that Panem wasn't going to shit and there wasn't the separation of the Districts, and all that shit going on in the Hunger Games world, Finnick and I would swim and catch fish all day and then hide it in Katniss' bed or some shit. Again, wreaking havoc. Plus I mean, LOOK AT HIM! Who wouldn't want to be even an acquaintance with this god-like creature?


So there we have it, my list of characters I would no doubt be best friends with if they were real human beings in this world. Or if I was in their world. Whichever. Make sure to leave a comment below about what you think of this list and link us to yours so we can find out what you chose for this freebie Top Ten Tuesday!

And with that, I bid you adieu,
Kayla @ one-chapter-ahead

1. Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
These two are kind of a packaged deal, so I'm going to list them together. I don't even want to imagine a world where Katniss Everdeen exists without Peeta Mellark or where Peeta Mellark exists without Katniss Everdeen. I just love these two idiots, way too much. They just compliment each other perfectly and they're so pretty to look at.




2. Lysandra from Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas
Who woulda thunk it? Not I. After reading The Assassin's Blade, I hated Lysandra with the same firey passion that Celaena hated her with. But after reading Queen of Shadows, I can't imagine a world without Lysandra being a total badass, like 24/7.

3. Rowan Whitethorn from Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas
Okay, can you get more badass than Rowan? Rowan is just fantastically moody and sassy and hardcore and I think I need some Rowan in my life. Even if he barely tolerated me, it would be all kinds of worth it.

4. Captain Thorne from Cress by Marissa Meyer
Do I even need to explain this one? Captain Throne is freaking hilarious, and smart, and kind, and very Finnick-esqe (who is only not on my list because he is on Kayla's). He would just be a great person to have when the world is going to shit, ya know? Like, awful things happen to him, but he just rolls with it. I need him that kind of positivity in my life, guys.


5. Alina Starkov from Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Alina is a freaking fantastic character, and if I had the choice, we'd definitely be best friends. She's smart, she's cunning, she's friendly, she's complex, but most of all, she's all kinds of awesome.

6. Levi from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Let's forget for a second that he's totally on my book boyfriend list, and that if Cath was ever out of the picture, I'd be right there taking her place. I think I could settle with Levi just being my best friend. Like all of the characters above, he's smart and kind and funny and I'm definitely starting to see a pattern.

7. Lou from Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
So, if you've ever read this book, you know that Lou is freaking amazing and hilarious and determined and stubborn and great. I feel like at this point I'm just using the same kind of description and just changing the character in each of these description thingys. I get it, I like what I like.

8. Cassie from The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
So, I'm only like 200 pages into the series, so no spoilers please, but so far, I'm loving Cassie something fierce. She's hilarious, and we literally have the same mind okay. We think the same things, we are basically the same people. If I survived the first wave (which I wouldn't) we'd totally be an unstoppable team, man.

9. Williem from Just One Year by Gayle Forman
I definitely want to be best friends with Williem from Just One Year (not so much Just One Day, because you don't really know what is deal was yet). I'd love to travel all over the place with him, and watch the plays he was in. That would be all kinds of fantastic.

10. Jem from The Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare 
Jem is precious, and underrated. I love Will, don't get me wrong, but Will wouldn't be half the person he was without Jem in his life. I want a Jem, who can hook a sister up?

So, I want to date be best friends with all these wonderful characters. What about you guys? Who would be your fictional best friend?
- Kristen



Okay, my turn! I'll answer the same question as Kayla (I don't know if I've done it before but I don't care either way, so ha!).
1. Cath from Fangirl
2. Levi from Fangirl
(I really liked the characters in Fangirl)
3. Lucien from A Court of Thorns and Roses
4. Magnus Bane from ...like 800 books. Where have you been?
5. Syndey
6. and Warren from Maybe Someday
7. Luke from The Longest Ride
8. Mac from Saint Anything
(Yes, we can take a moment to joke about the fact that most of these guys I would also want to date but that, my friends, is beside the point.)
9. Rosie
10. and Silas from Sisters Red

I apologize for my slight cheating but, honestly, this was hard. Bye.
-- Kelsey







1 comment:

  1. Oooh nice picks!! Read a handful of these myself and definitely agree!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...