11 August 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Authors I've Read The Most Books From

                               

Welcome readers, to another Top Ten Tuesday! This week, I'm going to try a different layout to last week's and see if it is more aesthetically pleasing. I am all about that aesthetic, you know?

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic (wow much alliteration) is yet again brought to us by BrokeAndBookish, and that is Top Ten Authors I've Read The Most Books From. I know for Kristen, Kelsey and I, all of these authors are different. This is my list of top ten authors, and if Kristen or Kelsey want to contribute, they're not allowed go away...
...
jk they can participate I suppose.


1. Lemony Snicket (13 books)
While many readers of our age reminisce over the Harry Potter books as being a significant part of their early reading life, mine has to be The Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. I have read all 11 books and loved them incessantly! While they cover quite "unfortunate events" -- yes that was pitiful -- they were always such a joy for me to read! I am so excited for the Netflix show to release (honestly celebrated for an embarrassingly amount of time when news broke), and though the movie was kind of a flop, I've watched it probably 50+ times. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.




                                                 

2. Nicholas Sparks (11 books)
I have read many, many Nicholas Sparks books. His books are what kick started my love of reading, and though I don't read his books anymore, or particularly see the appeal in them (lbr they're all pretty much the same - man and woman fall in love, have sex, someone dies. more or less), I will still always remember the love I had for Nicholas Sparks and his books. I still recommend The Guardian and A Bend in the Road.

                                            
3. J.K Rowling (5 books)
Yes, I know, only five. I don't think I've read all of the Harry Potter series, but I was an avid Harry Potter fan as a youngin, as well. I went to a pathetic little Harry Potter camp in fifth grade at the University in our city, I've had the Harry Potter posters, Harry Potter Scene It, which I dominated tbh, the whole nine yards. As many readers, Harry Potter has a memorable place in my heart.


4. Sarah J Maas (5 books)
Sarah J Maas is not a new author, but she has written five books. And of those five books, I have read and loved every one of them. Sarah J. Maas is my favourite author, for she has written my all time favourite series, Throne of Glass. If you haven't read it, we can't be friends. Maas is one of the most talented writers I've ever come across, her books are absolutely captivating! QUEEN OF SHADOWS COMES OUT IN 24 DAYS OH LORD. And have you seen any interviews with her?! She's hilarious and witty and I want to be her best friend. Tbh I have a major crush on her and to hold even a ten second conversation with her would make me truly #blessed .... I am sorry I will never do that hashtag business again. Honestly though, ALL HAIL MAAS.


5. John Green (5 books)
Much like my fascination with Nicholas Sparks, a love for John Green books became an easy love for quite a while. The Fault in Our Stars easily became one of my favourite books ever, and frankly I adore John Green's writing. John Green is pretty much the YA version of Nicholas Sparks. Similarly, my love for John Green books has dwindled much like my love for Nicholas Sparks books. I say this loosely, though, because I will gladly pick up anything John Green writes over what Nicholas Sparks writes. Still, I have kinda gotten over the John Green hype, though he is still a fantastic writer and person.


6. Marissa Meyer (4 books)
The Lunar Chronicles is one of my favourite series I have read this year, and I am eagerly awaiting the Winter release. The Lunar Chronicles follow the same sort of YA fantasy/dystopia theme, but Meyer does it in such a magical and fantastical way that is so unique and unlike anything I have read before. The touch of sci-fi we get through Cinder is something that makes me want to read much more sic-fi in the future, for it is so captivating and intriguing that I need more. Much more than that, I need more Marissa Meyer in my life.


7. Lauren Oliver (4 books)
Lauren Oliver is not an author I hate, but I don't necessarily want to go out and pick up any and all of her books. The Delirium trilogy was so intriguing and the concept was so interesting and cool, and the characters were ones to be reckon with. Even so, the ending was quite disappointing, and the same rings true for her other book I read, Panic. While I did enjoy it overall, the ending was a bit lacking for me. Still, I have read four of her books and I did enjoy them.





8. Kiera Cass (4 books)
I'm not entirely sure how many books Kiera Cass has released, but I have read the Selection trilogy, as well as the "companion" novel that just released this year, The Heir. While I did have many problems with the trilogy as well as the companion novel, I did enjoy it. It was a cool combination between the Bachelorette and The Hunger Games. The political issues also interweaved in the story was also quite refreshing, as it made for a more dystopian rather than contemporary feel.


9. Stephanie Meyer (4 books)
Yes, yes, I had to add this in the list, for I did read all four of the Twilight saga. I read these in high school, and unlike the movies, the books were quite entertaining. Of course, I had the obvious problems that many people have with these books. Still, I read them.

Okay, I apologize, I need to cheat here. Turns out I'm terrible with author consistency, so I have a top nine authors instead of ten. If I were to add one more, it would be an author I have read three books from, and since I have read many trilogies, I cannot choose just one author for the number ten spot. I'm sorry I suck.

And with that, I bid you adieu,
Kayla @ one-chapter-ahead

1 comment:

  1. OOh nice ones! Seeing lots of Harry Potter, SJM books and Marissa Meyer!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...