21 August 2015

Review: Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher (Also known as Yours Truly)

Reviewer: Kayla
Author: Annabel Pitcher
Pages: 261
Format: Hardcover
My Rating: 8/10

Summary (thanks, Goodreads):

Secrets, romance, murder and lies: Zoe shares a terrible secret in a letter to a stranger on death row in this second novel from the author of the bestselling debut, My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece.

Fifteen-year-old Zoe has a secret—a dark and terrible secret that she can't confess to anyone she knows. But then one day she hears of a criminal, Stuart Harris, locked up on death row in Texas. Like Zoe, Stuart is no stranger to secrets. Or lies. Or murder.

Full of heartache yet humour, Zoe tells her story in the only way she can—in letters to the man in prison in America. Armed with a pen, Zoe takes a deep breath, eats a jam sandwich, and begins her tale of love and betrayal.

My Thoughts:
I did not expect to like this book as much as I did. I picked it up on a whim. I did not expect to get so attached to this particular book and feel so sad when I closed it at the finale. Not a typical love story and it kind of makes me sad how Pitcher decided to end things between Zoe and the brother who lived. Still, I guess it's better it did end like that because then it would be the same as any romance novel, and it would lead both characters as being selfish and heartless. And neither of them are that.
With that being said, it was a great book. Slow start, but keeps you hanging on the last word of the chapter begging to know what the next one holds. I recommend definitely. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on this book, but I certainly loved it!

Final Thoughts:
This book is definitely worth a try, and it's honestly so surprising!
P.S I HATED THE TITLE CHANGE KETCHUP CLOUDS WAS SO MUCH BETTER!
P.P.S. I'm thinking about making a blog post about my thoughts, opinions, and feels about title & cover changes. Let us know if you'd like to see something like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...