30 October 2014

Life of a Blogger [7]

Life of a Blogger is a weekly feature that I found through the amazing Rebecca at Vicariously! ,  hosted by the lovely Novel Heartbeat. Each week a subject will be chosen and we get to talk about it. The topics will be non-bookish so that you can get to know each other on a more personal level! Make sure to add your link on the linky list! 

This week's topic is: Halloween 
I've never really been a Halloween fanatic. Halloween was kinda always just a night. I didn't even have that cool of costumes, like ever. I just remember I loved my neighbourhood because they gave out king sized candy bars. And we would all trick or treat together with a pizza party to finish it off. Hasn't happened in a few years, but apparently this year, Kelsey and I are going to have a super awesometastic Halloween movie party. So, that's a thing. I don't know. I guess in my head, Halloween is just an excuse to buy candy (which I really really don't need) and watch movies with friends, which is pretty cool I suppose. 
- Kristen

I used to work a haunted forest for the three weeks before Halloween. I liked doing that a lot. a few years ago I have a full on meltdown because I realized that I was an adult and that I couldn't go out for Halloween and I didn't want to go to any parties (that isn't really my thing) and that I couldn't even dress up and hand out candy (not that we get any more than three kids at our house) because I had to be in school and I cried and I was very upset. It was awful...just like that sentence. So, for the last three years, I've had night classes on Halloween. This is the first year I haven't and I'm happy about it but I'm even more of an adult now. I'll probably watch a few fake scary movies (Young Frankenstein, for the win) and wear one of my pretty masquerade masks.

-- Kelsey

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...