2 August 2014

Review: Finding Cinderellla

Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Colleen Hoover
Format: ebook/novella
Pages: 90
Rating: 9 out of 10

Summary (found on Goodreads): A chance encounter in the dark leads eighteen-year-old Daniel and the girl who stumbles across him to profess their love for each other. But this love comes with conditions: they agree it will only last one hour and it will only be make-believe.

When their hour is up and the girl rushes off like Cinderella, Daniel tries to convince himself that what happened between them only seemed perfect because they were pretending it was perfect. Moments like that with girls like her don’t happen outside of fairytales.

One year and one bad relationship later, his disbelief in insta-love is stripped away the day he meets Six: a girl with a strange name and an even stranger personality. Daniel soon realizes the way he pretended to feel about Cinderella and the way he really feels about Six may not be so different after all. Especially when the two loves of his life end up being one in the same.

Unfortunately for Daniel, finding Cinderella doesn’t guarantee their happily ever after…it only further threatens it.

Sometimes I think...
The summary of this novel is almost longer than the bloody book is!
Anyway, this novella is not at all what I expected. I wish it would have been a full length story because I would have read it no questions asked. I believe there was enough material here to expand on that it could have been a full novel. Thinking about it makes me sad because I love Colleen Hoover. She is wonderful. Her books are super entertaining; her novellas are no different, apparently.

The characters were basically perfect. My only thing is that there could have been so much more to them if Hoover had given herself the time to dive into each character.

HOLY UNFORESEEN PLOT TWIST! I'm not usually surprised but this one got me. In my mind, this was so much out of nowhere that I had to put the ereader down for a moment to compose myself. How did I not see it coming? I don't know. It was a good twist.

Again, the novel could have really looked at how the plot twist affected the characters but the author did wonderful with the time she did have. I believed that the characters would react the way they did. 

This novel, though not consistently happy during the novel, made me happy while I was reading it. I would reread this one. I think I will. That's how good I thought it was. And anyway, it's only 90 pages so what have you got to lose? One recommendation: read Hopeless (or whatever the first one was, I get the two confused constantly...) first.

Read it.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...