28 February 2014

Review: Deity (Covenant, #3)

Reviewer: Kristen 
Author: Jennifer L Armentrout
Pages: 330
Format: Paperback
My Rating: 9 out of 10

Spoilers! 

Summary (you rock, Goodreads): History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "


Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden. 

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome. 

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed. 

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...

My Thoughts: As much as this one frustrated me, and boy did it frustrate me, this is definitely my favourite one thus far. The characters went in some seriously weird directions, that I now understand. Aiden is growing on me, but he still is no Seth. Even after what Seth did at the end of this novel. I'm so excited to see where this story is going, because I honestly have no idea. 


That ending though, is by no means fair, and I'm going to get my hands on the next one. Like right now. I really needed it like 3 minutes ago. Okay. I'm going. Pick this up. Now. 

Final Thoughts: Okay, if you haven't been convinced by my other reviews, be convinced by this lack of one. I can't even write it I'm so excited to start the next one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...