20 July 2013

Wallbanger

WallbangerReviewer: Kristen
Author: Alice Clayton

Pages: 300
Format: eBook 
My Rating: 8 out of 10


Summary (thanks GR): Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we’re not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O.

Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she’s ever heard. Each moan, spank, and–was that a meow?–punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O.

Enter Simon Parker. (No, really, Simon, please enter.) When the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. Their late-night hallway encounter has, well, mixed results. Ahem. With walls this thin, the tension’s gonna be thick…

In her third novel, Alice Clayton returns to dish her trademark mix of silly and steamy. Banter, barbs, and strutting pussycats, plus the sexiest apple pie ever made, are dunked in a hot tub and set against the gorgeous San Francisco skyline in this hot and hilarious tale of exasperation at first sight.


My Thoughts: My sides still hurt from how hard I laughed at this! Though it was a tad inappropriate at times, it was constantly hilarious. Caroline was hilarious, Simon was sassy and adorable and perfect all at the same time. Seriously author ladies, you need to stop making my imaginary boyfriend list so long! Caroline was impatient, and sarcastic, and undeniably realistic. I seriously couldn't put this book down, and there's not much more I can say without going into full on gush mode. I really enjoyed how the book was written, and I liked that Caroline's friend's weren't completely forgotten as soon as Wallbanger truly came into the picture. Simon Parker was amazing, and I really don't know what else to say other than just go buy this book. ASAP. 

Final Thoughts: Go go go! Cute, witty, and a great summer read! 

__________________________________________________
Reviewer: Kelsey
Format: eBook
Rating: 8 out of 10

Thoughts: Like Kristen, I died laughing while I was reading this novel. It was actually embarrassing. I really enjoyed this novel. I would read it again but there were, however, a few things that bothered me about the book. It was a lot about sex. I'm okay with the whole romance thing about it but it was like 85% sex which was about 50% too much. Also, every once and awhile it rhymed. Kristen didn't seem to notice but I did and it only got worse as the book went on. It was funny in the moment but it did happen quite a bit. The formatting was also a horrible mess. A page on the ereader for me was like 1/3 of the real page which meant that 270 pages was actually triple that. There were a lot of space images (in some books those dots) but they didn't break anything up, they were where they shouldn't have been but not there when they were needed. Plus, I had this huge issue with my copy getting past page 58 on the ereader. I can't really blame the book for that one. I did like it enough to fight to solve the issue though so that says something.

Closing: I would reread this novel for a good laugh. It's a quick and entertaining read, great for vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...