19 July 2013

Frigid

Frigid (Frigid, #1)Reviewer: Kristen
Author: J Lynn

Pages: 213
Format: eBook 

My Rating: 9 out of 10

Summary (thanks GRs): For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love. 

Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have. 

But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.

My Thoughts: Who knew that buying one tinsy tiny alien book would turn me into a hardened *insert the name that fans of Jennifer Armentrout call themselves*. Because seriously, I cannot get enough of her books. She jumps genres, and I mean jumps, and she still pulls it off flawlessly and I'm often left thinking HOW ON EARTH DID YOU MANAGE TO BREAK MY HEART WITH LIKE 7 DIFFERENT BOOKS. (I don't know the real number that I've read, but that doesn't seem woefully disproportionate.) Anyways, on to the actual book. Um, hi Kyler? Where can I pick me up one of you? ASAP. Like yesterday really. Kyler and Syd are best friends and when your best friend is freakin Kyler Quinn, you best be falling in love with him. And she does, and it's cute, and he loves her and it's adorable, and it's great. I liked that the story wasn't boring. I liked that even though it was super swoony and super cute, I didn't find myself bored at any points throughout it. There was enough drama to have me thinking "WTF is going on here?" but enough cutesy romance that kept me "Awwww-ing". At some points Syd really annoyed me, but I think that that had a lot to do with getting both their perspectives. She would be all whiny about how much Kyler didn't want to be with her, but I was reading that he really did. And at points it made Syd seem like a weak, annoying character. Again, I think it was just because the perspectives flipped. Really though, that's what stopped me from giving it a ten. Also, it's kind of the same old cliched man-whore looks a girl with new eyes and woah suddenly man-whore gone and commitment wild man appears. Other than that, this was a great read, and a really quick read too. Pick this sucker up, especially if you love J Lynn (AND WHO DOESN'T?!?!)

Final Thoughts: Picking this up before going to bed was a bad idea. And by bad idea, I mean great idea. 

1 comment:

  1. I would say that while this isn't a book that will haunt me for days or weeks it will be a book I will return to often just to get the warm fuzzies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...