18 July 2013

Anna and the French Kiss

Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Format: ebook
Pages: 372
Rating: 8 out of 10

Summary (J'aime Goodreads): Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming,beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. 

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

Thoughts: I thought that this was a cute novel. It was the perfect length and difficulty (or lack there of) for a summer read. 

I love this St. Clair, other than his girlfriend issues. He could be a real person for his faults. It's not all rosy and he's not 100% perfect. He's too short, scared of heights, and bites his nails. He could be more than just someones imagination. He could be a real person somewhere. Also, as much as he has issues with girlfriends, the story wouldn't have been the same with out these issues. It added great conflict. Not that I'm saying I didn't want to give him a good smack at times, because I did, he was being stupid. However, it was more like real life that way. Also, how perfect is that he is American with an English accent going to school in Paris. Go figure that she would go to Paris and not fall in love with a French guy. I'm sorry, did I mention that I would like one of him for Christmas? Because I would, very much.

I love that this took place in Paris. The author paints an amazing picture of the city and its people. I could picture the bridges and the streets. I've been to Paris so I could picture it even clearer. It was incredible when the author was describing the star outside of Notre Dame. I'd stood there. I'd walked on the same ground and crossed the same bridge. I'd been in Shakespeare and Company. I connected to the book so much. It made me want to travel, to go to Paris, to see the world. I want to live the life that Anna had while she was there. I don't want to idiot high school kids or the love issues but I want the experience. It's something to reach for.

It's a good thing that Anna ended up mostly enjoying her time in Paris. Had she felt the same things at the end that she felt at the beginning, the book would have been a waste. I love it when characters change for the better. Growth is good. Maybe it wasn't so bad that she left Atlanta and her friends there behind. Think of all she would have missed out on.

This book made me feel all kinds of crazy feelings. I ended up getting mad at characters and fell in love with others. I fell in love with Paris. I have the urge to brush up on my French. Maybe I will.

I suggest that you read this if you like easy love stories. One's that aren't so easy that they are boring though. Maybe you'll even consider leaving your comfort zone after this. Wanderlust for the win.

Closing:I would consider rereading this novel in the future. I enjoyed reading it a lot. If you want a cute love story this is for you. I loved that this book made me want to travel and am so sad that I can't right now. Some day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...