8 July 2013

A Triumph for Sakura

A Triumph For SakuraReviewer: Kristen 
Author: Jason Ridler
Pages: 334
Format: eBook (sent by author)
My Rating: 9 out of 10



Summary (via Goodreads): Famed fight coach Ned Bangs was down and out, until he saw Sakura fight four deadbloods like a champ. The catch? Unlike Ned, she was human. 

Under Ned’s guidance, Sakura fights from the street to the big time, gather fame and enemies as they reach the arena of Cascadia. Can they both survive when her courage fans the flames of a human revolution against their vampire overlords? 

What cost will they both pay for a Triumph for Sakura.


My Thoughts: What do you get when you add an old fighting coach and a dirt poor a bit more than semi-decent at fighting street urchin? Oh, and don't forget the dash of vampire. You get what I thought would be a disaster. But, my thinking was oh so wrong. With any other author, I think it would be a disaster. However, Jason Ridler writes so brilliantly and elegantly that getting pulled into this world is easy. I couldn't put it down, and really didn't want it to end. Another positive? It was so refreshingly unique. This wasn't your usual take on vampires. It was probably the most realistic book involving vampires that I've ever read or ever will read. I want to take a minute to talk about how amazing all the characters were described. I pictured them down to a T, including smell, which was occasionally revolting at times. I loved the characters and how they developed. I also loved how strong of a lead Sakura was. This book is going to be hard to forget and nearly impossible for me to get out of my head. Trust me, I finished it a few days ago and still haven't been able to get it off my mind. This book has something for everyone, and I do mean everyone. Pick it up and don't let this pass you by! 

Final Thoughts: My fingers are crossed for a sequel!

Thank you, Jason Ridler, for sending me a copy of your novel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...