2 May 2013

Cryer's Cross

Cryer's CrossReviewer: Kristen
Author: Lisa McMann
Pages: 233
Format: Hardcover 

My Rating: 5½ out of 10


Summary (thank you Goodreads): Kendall loves her life in small town Cryer's Cross, Montana, but she also longs for something more. She knows the chances of going to school in New York are small, but she's not the type to give up easily. Even though it will mean leaving Nico, the world's sweetest boyfriend, behind.

But when Cryer's Cross is rocked by unspeakable tragedy, Kendall shoves her dreams aside and focuses on just one goal: help find her missing friends. Even if it means spending time with the one boy she shouldn't get close to... the one boy who makes her question everything she feels for Nico.

Determined to help and to stay true to the boy she's always loved, Kendall keeps up the search--and stumbles upon some frightening local history. She knows she can't stop digging, but Kendall is about to find out just how far the townspeople will go to keep their secrets buried...


My Thoughts: I've read a lot of Lisa McMann's books, and I've never really been blown away by them. They're good, I just probably wouldn't re-read them again. Or, at least, in the near future. And well this isn't screaming to be read anytime soon, it is definitely, beyond a shadow of a doubt, going to claim my thoughts again. It's one of those stories where I honestly had no idea where Lisa McMann would take it. It had so many potential avenues to go down, but the one she choose was absolutely stellar. I didn't see it coming, maybe I should have, but I didn't. The characters had the right amount of quirks, and some were creepy enough to have me second guessing. It was interesting to see how Kendall developed, however I don't think she was affected enough by the disappearance of Nico... I mean, he was her best friend/boyfriend. The ending was creepy. There is literally no other way to describe it besides saying it was creepy. It was weird and unexpected and somehow totally perfect. This was a really good read. The characters weren't developed nearly enough, in my opinion, and I wish it was a little bit longer. 

Final Thoughts: Decent, kind of creepy read. Probably wouldn't re-read it again, but I don't mind that I bought it for four dollars either kind of read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...