5 February 2013

The Ripple in Space-Time

The Ripple in Space-TimeReviewer: Kristen
Author: S F Chapman
Pages: 260
Format: Paperback (ARC)
My Rating: 7½ out of 10

Summary (Thanks Goodreads): When the huge lunar Ultra Energy Laboratory is destroyed by a mysterious blast, Inspector Ryo Trop of the Free City Inquisitor's Office is called in to sort out who is responsible for the disaster.

Early reports imply that rogue moon miners are to blame but Ryo quickly discovers that a far more complex and sinister scheme is afoot.

With the help of a promising young Liaison Agent and a faltering Grad student, Ryo searches for clues and culprits in the corrupt and moldering feudal fiefdoms of the Warlords that dominate human affairs in 2445.

Ryo’s longtime friend, Biology Professor turned spy Malcolm Evans, suggests that the wave of space piracy that has recently vexed the Solar System could be connected to the obliteration of the lunar lab.

But why would reckless and marauding space raiders have an interest in a research facility

**We received a copy of this novel for a fair and unbiased review**

My Thoughts: I haven't read any science fiction novels that I truly enjoyed lately. I'm happy to say that The Ripple in Space-Time has ended that little streak I had goin' on. The novel was about a scientist who was abducted and a team was assembled to to rescue them. When Tribute Books emailed me about this book, I'm not going to lie, I was excited. I loved how S. F Chapman laid out this book. I don't really know why, but the way the chapters were broken up added a lot to the book. I also thought that the way the book was written added so much to the story which is an obvious kudos to the author, again. In stories like this, you need to be able to picture everything because everything is so different when a story takes place this far into the future. For the most part, I could picture everything that S.F Chapman was describing, and I could visualize where he was trying to take the reader. I really don't know what to say other than I just enjoyed this story. A lot. Don't get me wrong, it was a lot different than the bluster of cute romantic novels I've been reading lately, and let me tell you that it was a breath of fresh air. My only critique of this would be that it starts out great, and it ends great, but the middle could sometimes be a little eh. It was worth it though, and I really enjoyed this read! I feel like this review was all over the place, I've just literally finished it. I definitely recommend any sci-fi lover to pick this book up, it won't disappoint! P.S can I just say that I love when the title suddenly makes all the sense in the world?

Final Thoughts: Good read. Definitely would consider re-reading. Perfect for anyone who loves sci-fi and/ or crime! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...