27 December 2012

Easy

EasyReviewer: Kristen
Author: Tammara Webber 
Pages: 310 
Format: Paperback
My Rating: 6 out of 10

Summary (Goodreads): Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…


He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.

My Thoughts: Now, don't let that 6 fool you. I enjoyed this book - it was easy to read and it made me want to finish it as soon as possible. However, there was just something about it that kept me from giving it a higher rating. Bare with as I try to explain. 

This book wastes no time - literally. Two pages into the novel and we're thrown into the story, which I actually really enjoyed. I typically hate all the fluff at the beginning of a novel. So, this was like a breath of fresh air. The story had a lot of promise, especially if you're into cutesy romance, which I totally am. I loved the way in which Tammara Webber wrote the story, and how she created something that read almost like it could be a diary. For the most part, I really liked Lucas (the saviour), but I couldn't shake this sketchy feeling about him throughout the novel. It was like I was waiting for him to do something, or some big secret to be revealed (which it kind of was, but not at all what I was thinking). There's something that just didn't feel right about him. I also think that Jacqueline forgave him too quickly for something pretty stupid he did - something pretty central to the story that I don't think was covered nearly enough. All in all, it was a good read. It was just missing something. Either there wasn't something that wasn't expanded upon nearly enough, or the fact sometimes the characters lost their believe-ability.  (Judge me for my made up words, everyone does!) Easy had so much potential, especially after reading rave reviews about it, but I guess this is just one novel that didn't cast me under a spell. 

Final Thoughts: Trigger warning, for those of you sensitive to violence against women. Good, quick read, but I probably wouldn't bother with it again. What'd you guys think!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...