27 October 2011

Sisters Red

Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Jackson Pearce
Pages: 324
Format: Paperback
My Rating: 9 out of 10

Summary (From GoodReads): Scarlett March lives to hunt the Fenris--the werewolves that took her eye when she was defending her sister Rosie from a brutal attack. Armed with a razor-sharp hatchet and blood-red cloak, Scarlett is an expert at luring and slaying the wolves. She's determined to protect other young girls from a grisly death, and her raging heart will not rest until every single wolf is dead.

Rosie March once felt her bond with her sister was unbreakable. Owing Scarlett her life, Rosie hunts ferociously alongside her. But even as more girls' bodies pile up in the city and the Fenris seem to be gaining power, Rosie dreams of a life beyond the wolves. She finds herself drawn to Silas, a young woodsman who is deadly with an ax and Scarlett's only friend--but does loving him mean betraying her sister and all that they've worked for?

My Take: Let's see...Amazing, great, awesome? I love this book and I love the author even more (Anyone who is willing to post video blogs on youtube twice a week is worth your time). The story is told from two different perspectives but they are clearly stated at the beginning of each chapter. There is no trouble following who is speaking to you. Plus, the prolgoue throws you right into the action which is always present to keep you focused in the story.

The only reason that I couldn't give this novel a 10 out of 10 is that I figured out the ending around the middle of the book, not that that made me want to close the book. I still wanted to finish it and find out how it ended but I knew who it was (NO SPOILERS!!). Sorry Jackson, maybe Sweetly will get a 10 out of 10; it's on my Christmas list!

Final Thoughts: Great book. I would recommend this easy to read and follow book to anyone who likes young adult novels or paranormal fiction. Oh, by the way, read this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...