18 October 2011

Addison Blakely: Confessions of a PK

Reviwer: Kelsey
Title:  Addison Blakely: Confessions of a PK
Author: Betsey St. Amant
Pages: 368
Format: ARC - NetGalley
Rating: 8/10
 
My Summary: She never was really able to break out or break rules. Addison is in a tough place though because she is the preacher’s daughter and that’s all she will ever be. She’s okay with that until it starts getting in the way of her enjoying life. She loses her closest friend, she gets ‘voluntold’ into helping out with a school show, and she is stuck in an interesting triangle. Can she finally find a way to make her own choices without making her father look bad?
 

My Take: I loved this novel. I really did. I think that the reason for this is that I connected so quickly and so easily with Addison. She was exactly like me in so many ways and that made it easy for me get into the story and to fall in love with the characters. As I started getting closer and closer to the end I was practically yelling at some of the characters.

It was easy to read and follow. It was slip up perfectly. The one thing that I did noticed was that there seemed to be three smaller stories that made of the story as a whole. This is a normal thing of course but in this case it made the novel seem stretched out. As one short piece of the story was wrapping up I looked at the page count only to realize that I was in fact nowhere near the end even though that last disaster was resolved. I went through this same feeling three times and by the end was actually quite unsure as to where she was going. Would she get him or not? They only argued a page ago and the book ends in two. It was starting to get to me.

Being fairly religious already I could follow the religion that was basically the whole book. Without any background a person may have a hard time understanding how she is feeling and therefore might not agree with some of her choices. That being said, the religious aspect was done very well. It was not over done and enough background was given

Final Thoughts: I understood the characters and the troubles that they were all facing. I would recommend this book if you are okay reading with religion in mind.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really light read. Something to read between heavy fantasy or paranormal romance kind so you don't turn into a cave monster! haha :P I love your blog, new follower :) I've been trying to put my blog together but it looks nothing like yours! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good read!
    Heres the link, posted about your giveaway!
    http://readingwishes.blogspot.com/2011/10/one-chapter-ahead-giveaway.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like an interesting read! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...