24 October 2011

61 Hours

Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Lee Child
Pages: 383
Format: Hardcover
Rating: 7 out of 10

Summary (From GoodReads): A tour bus crashes in a savage snowstorm and lands Jack Reacher in the middle of a deadly confrontation. In nearby Bolton, South Dakota, one brave woman is standing up for justice in a small town threatened by sinister forces. If she’s going to live long enough to testify, she’ll need help. Because a killer is coming to Bolton, a coldly proficient assassin who never misses.

Reacher’s original plan was to keep on moving. But the next 61 hours will change everything. The secrets are deadlier and his enemies are stronger than he could have guessed—but so is the woman whose life he’ll risk his own to save.

My Take: Okay, so this book... I thought that the plot was mostly well done and I figured out all the characters. It wasn't too complicated. The different points of view (which were few) were very easy to follow compared to some other novels that I have read. The only problems that I truely had with this novel is that I figured the ending out early on in the novel. After I figured it out, it was hard to stick too. I wouldn't say that the 'who done it?' was obvious, maybe I'm just quick. I don't know but it bothered me a little bit.

None of that bothered me as much as the ending did though. No spoilers, because I hate spoilers, but I was not a fan of the ending. You don't actually find out what really happens but things are implied. I felt like it either ended badly or it was unfinished. I don't like unfinished business.

Finaly Thoughts: I HATED THE ENDING. I think that it nearly killed me. I'm not a fan of this kind of ending at all. I wish that I could have given this book a better rating because it was good...until the end...


1 comment:

  1. Hi, my OH has just started reading Lee Child and I just bought him this one, thanks for the review. New follower here!
    Lindsay :)

    http://thelittlereaderlibrary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...